Animals like raccoons, opossums, and squirrels can be quite persistent when it comes to finding food. And they always look for shelter! But as much as we appreciate and love nature, wild animals can cause damage to your home. Or might even spread diseases. If you have unwanted wildlife living on your property, it’s important to take steps to remove them!
Here are some signs that you may have unwanted animals living on your property:
– You see animals moving around inside your home or garage.
– There are animal droppings in your yard or house.
– You see scratches or holes on objects around the house.
– There is damage on the roof, in the attic and on walls that look like something scratched it or bit it.
– You see boards and electrical wires that were chewed on.
– Listen up! There might be animals scratching or scurrying in your walls or attic.
– Can you see animals coming and going from a hole in your roof or foundation?
– You notice that animals might have foraged in your yard. Signs to watch out for are
things being out of place or chewed up objects or plants.
– There is evidence of animals which might have gone through your garbage.
All these are signs of unwanted wildlife activity on your property! If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to take action.
Call a wildlife removal specialist to safely and humanely remove the animals from your property. The faster you act, the better!
Make sure that your home is secure from wildlife getting in in the first place. Close up any openings or cracks that animals could squeeze through and set up a fence around your home.
In addition to restricting access, secure any potential food sources like your garbage bins. Make sure that bird seeds or pet food is covered and safely stored away.
There are may other things you can do to discourage animals from taking shelter on your property. Check out our previous post to find out more about this!