How To Get Rid Of Raccoons
Raccoons look like cute friendly creatures, but they can be dangerous if cornered or if you separate a mother from her babies. Raccoons will make a home in your addict or under your porch or deck or maybe in both locations if they have a need. To rid them from these homes it’s mostly being reactive and pro-active. They are:
- Identify the raccoon’s points of entry into your home. Look for holes at least 3 inches in diameter. If the raccoons are in your attic, look under nooks for holes, dormers for holes, or broken vents. You may hear them in your crawl space look for broken vents or borrows. Seal off all points of entry as the first step except the one you suspect most used. Stuff this entry way most used with newspaper.
- Dip 3-5 tennis balls with ammonia and toss them inside and around the places you think the raccoons are nesting. This will cause the raccoons to abandon the nesting site with their young. The smell of ammonia will make their living conditions unlivable.
- Check the newspaper you stuffed into their entry hole, if the newspaper was moved stuff it back into place. Keep checking the newspaper for 48 hours. If it has not moved then should per mentally seal up that last hole. Prepare one cup of cayenne pepper and 3-5 chopped habanero chilies’ in hot water, let it cool down, put on a pair of goggles and spray the sealed entrance. Raccoons smell or use of their nose is very sensitive and this spray should turn them away from their entry area.
- If you don’t want to go through the above and be proactive seal off any gaps in your fence.
- If you have a dog indoors this might help also. Letting the dog outdoors in the daytime will be a deterrent also. The barking of the dog and the dogs natural habits will or should keep the raccoons away from your house. Please don’t put your dog outside during the day if it’s too hot or cold be faithful to your pet.
- A bird feeder with sunflower seeds might be tempting to a raccoon, hang or put your bird feeders out of the raccoons reach. Make sure you store your bird feed in a small metal covered can.
- If you leave food and water source around outside, you’ll always find wildlife hanging around your home. Clean up all the garbage, paper, food, berries that fell from trees. After the outside area has been cleaned up check around or inspects the area again to insure your areas kept clean of the goodies wildlife looks for.
- Clean any picnic tables and chairs or any other place there may be crumbs laying around after use.
If you are having trouble getting rid of the raccoons you can hire a reputable raccoon removal company in our website.